Reveal Your Potential. Reclaim Your Life.
Navigating the physical, emotional, and psychological challenges after limb loss can be daunting. QLI’s amputee program taps into our nationally recognized clinical model by integrating innovative telerehabilitation with powerful on-site rehabilitation.
How We Help:
- Minimize sky rocketing costs related to recovery
- Streamline clinical decision making and prosthetic device selection
- Manage the intricacies of the complex cases (i.e. dual diagnoses or multiple amputations)
- Teach emotional resilience
Phase 1 – Pre-prosthetic Training (Telerehabilitation)
Frequent communication and collaboration between the client, physician, prosthetist, and therapist is critical. This communication is integral for optimal fit and a smooth recovery. Video conferencing technology allows for remote team conferences and clinical consultation.
Keys to this phase:
- Wound and pain management
- Proper positioning and flexibility
- Building strength and endurance
- Maximizing independence without a prosthesis
- Emotional coping and adjustment
Phase 2 – Prosthetic Training
If a prosthesis is appropriate, QLI offers an individualized and comprehensive day-rehabilitation program. QLI’s specialized treatment team works with trusted prosthetists to achieve optimal fit and function all while helping our clients re-access the most meaningful aspects of their lives.
Phase 3 – Getting Back to Life (Telerehabilitation)
Extending rehabilitation beyond the inpatient setting, Telerehabilitation bridges therapy to life.
Benefits of this approach:
- Ongoing access to experts and specialty care
- Meaningful and individualized training in the context of the client’s real world environment
- Convenient access to therapy
- Increased client motivation
Coordinator of Admissions