GRIT Adaptive Fitness Program
Guts. Resilience. Intensity. Tenacity.
GRIT is a functional fitness exercise program that combines the clinical expertise of QLI’s rehabilitation model and the extensive knowledge of nationally known CrossFit athletes. It is a community-based program and focuses on training the body’s muscles to work together and prepare them for daily tasks by simulating common movement. These well-rounded workouts improve health, posture, flexibility, strength and balance – key to everyday wellness and maximizing purposeful activity in everyday life.
Who is an ideal candidate for the program?
- Individuals who have acquired a physical impairment such as a spinal cord injury, amputation and left- or right-sided weakness due to stroke or other injury
- Individuals who have acquired a cognitive impairment such as a mild to moderate traumatic brain injury, stroke or PTSD
- Individuals who have degenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy and Freidrich’s Ataxia
What is the ideal fitness level of a GRIT applicant?
GRIT is a fully individualized fitness service that is adapted and tailored to your personal abilities and fitness level. As a result, GRIT is suitable for a wide range of participants, including, but not limited to:
- Those new to or unfamiliar with physical fitness training programs
- Individuals who have recently completed or are currently participating in a physical therapy/rehabilitation services
- Regular gym attendees looking to benefit from a small class size and more intense training
What do you need to know about the program?
- Current classes run twice a week for 12 weeks.
- Classes are no bigger than 4-5 participants allowing for a ratio of two participants for every coach.
- Includes an onboarding process with coaches taking the time to understand your injury, limitations and goals.
- Each class has one highly-skilled QLI Rehabilitation Trainer who is educated in adaptive functional fitness and whose background is working with the clientele listed above.
- Each class has at least one Cross-Fit certified instructor. Our CrossFit instructors are nationally renowned experts in functional fitness.
- Physical Therapists on-site on a consultative basis for programming as needed.
Different Scale, Same Goal for Injured Athletes in Omaha
Building Strength, Building Hope
QLI’s Adaptive Functional Fitness | All for one, one for all
Everybody’s got limitations. We want to push ours’: Adaptive athletes turn to CrossFit-style workouts
Stacie holds a Bachelors in Exercise Science. She is co-owner of CrossFit Omaha and is an eight-time CrossFit Games qualifier.
Dustin is a former University of Nebraska at Omaha athlete. He is the co-owner of CrossFIt Omaha and is a two-time CrossFit Games team competitor.
Addi graduated from Creighton University. She has been a member of CrossFit Omaha since 2007 and is an Associate Head Coach and Adaptive Trainer.