Adaptive Functional Fitness
Guts. Resilience. Intensity. Tenacity.
GRIT is a personal training program that began as a way for QLI to push adaptive athletes past their limits, blending industry-leading rehabilitation expertise with high-intensity fitness and health principles. Established in Omaha, Nebraska, in 2018, the program has since transformed into one of the nation’s premier adaptive functional fitness programs. GRIT focuses on training the body’s muscles to work together and prepare them for daily tasks by simulating common movement. These well-rounded workouts improve health, posture, flexibility, strength and balance – key to everyday wellness and maximizing purposeful activity in everyday life. While it serves as a cutting-edge supplement to QLI’s rehabilitation curriculum, the program primarily targets athletes within the community, creating an individualized wellness environment that builds strength, confidence and unshakable camaraderie.
Who is an ideal candidate for the program?
- Individuals who have acquired a physical impairment such as a spinal cord injury, amputation and left- or right-sided weakness due to stroke or other injury
- Individuals who have acquired a cognitive impairment such as a mild to moderate traumatic brain injury or stroke
- Individuals who have degenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy and Freidrich’s Ataxia
What is the ideal fitness level of a GRIT applicant?
GRIT is a fully individualized fitness service that is adapted and tailored to your personal abilities and fitness level. As a result, GRIT is suitable for a wide range of participants, including, but not limited to:
- Those new to or unfamiliar with physical fitness training programs
- Individuals who have recently completed or are currently participating in a physical therapy/rehabilitation services
- Regular gym attendees looking to benefit from a small class size and more intense training
What do you need to know about the program?
- Current classes are twice a week. For class availability please contact program director.
- Class sizes range from two to six participants, allowing for a ratio of one to two participants for every coach/assistant.
- Includes an onboarding process with the coach; taking the time to understand your injury, limitations and goals.
- Each class has at least one highly-skilled QLI Rehabilitation Trainer who is educated in adaptive functional fitness and whose background is working with the clientele listed above.
- Each class is led by a Level 3 CrossFit coach and certified adaptive trainer.
- Physical Therapists on-site on a consultative basis for programming as needed.
- HIPAA compliant technology that enables a powerful, meaningful and personalized fitness program.
- Minimal equipment needed.
- Join classes from the comfort of your home or wherever you are most comfortable.
- Monthly subscription for unlimited live classes.
- Special access to the GRIT members only Instagram page.
Different Scale, Same Goal for Injured Athletes in Omaha
Building Strength, Building Hope
QLI’s Adaptive Functional Fitness | All for one, one for all
Everybody’s got limitations. We want to push ours’: Adaptive athletes turn to CrossFit-style workouts
Coordinator of GRIT Services
Addi graduated from Creighton University. She is a Level 3 CrossFit Coach and certified in adaptive training.